The Mandrake Project

This is just fantastic news! Only negative side is that Bruce speaks only French there like this year which I basically don’t know a shit :yum:

I think Sweden Rock is going to announce something soon too plus tickets selling starts. Bruce would fit there nicely…

1 Like

And there you go, Sweden Rock was just confirmed. Apparently he does fit in there!

Exciting times here in Europe.

1 Like

Fuckin’ great news! Only problem is that this is Metallica weekend in Helsinki :finland: so there’s bit of a problem to be in two places at the same time :grin:. Metallica is playing Friday and Sunday so slight chance that Bruce would perform on Wed / Thu but this propably gonna end so that tickets are gone when they announce schedule.

I was in Sweden Rock about 2017-2018 and it was nice atmosphere there. It would be great to go there by motorbike as they have own camping place for bikers.

So who’s gonna announce artists or our hero next? Graspop / Copenhell?

There are rumblings about Tons Of Rock in Norway, but I haven’t spotted any official confirmation yet.

If he’s in Tons of Rock, which is same weekend as Hellfest and Tuska in Finland, then I think Rockfest will have a bigger chance to be included (13. - 15.6.2024).

Copenhell just confirmed.

News from Finland this morning say that Rockfest is not going to happen next year, because they could not get kind of artists they wanted.

2 Likes

Rumored UK dates in late May now, but I don’t want to post anything until it’s confirmed.

Jer, I think these are a lot more than rumoured and hope too that they are quite soon to be confirmed. Looking fuckin’ good to me :sunny:

So here’s a little update for European tour dates speculation and some of the confirmed dates:

Barrowland Ballroom, Glasgow, UK May 18
Academy, Manchester, UK May 19
Arena, Swansea, UK May 21
Rock City, Nottingham, UK May 23
02 Forum Kentish Town, London, UK May 24
Sweden Rock Festival, Sweden June 5-8 (confirmed)
Mystic Festival, Poland June 5-8 (confirmed)
Download, UK June 14-16
Copenhell, Denmark June 19 (date confirmed in Copenhell app)
Graspop Metal Meeting, Belgium June 20-23
Rock in Rio Lisbon, Portugal June 22-30
Spain gigs
Tons of Rock Oslo, Norway June 26-28
Hellfest, France June 29 (date confirmed in Hellfest app)
Tuska Festival, Finland 28-30
Rockharz, Germany July 3-6
Germany gigs - Hamburg Grosse Freiheit?
Italy gigs
Hungary gigs - Budapest?
Croatia gigs
Greece gigs
Romania gigs
Metaldays, Slovenia July 28-August 3

New gig: 1.6.2024 Barba Negra, Budapest, Hungary

They already pulled this one back off the site. Jumped the gun…?

1 Like

Maybe they want to announce new single, album details and gigs at the same time.

BTW, I think they are doing these kind of leakings on purpose to create the buzz. Which is basically working quite well at least for me :joy:

1 Like

First single “Afterglow Of Ragnarok” reconfirmed for December 1st. Vinyl includes a comic book:

“Afterglow of Ragnarok” is the brand new single from legendary Iron Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson, his first new solo release in 19 years. This deluxe 7’ single comes in a gatefold that contains a comic book in the centerfold.

The B-side is…”If Eternity Should Fail”!

Great news! It’s superexciting to listen Bruce’s version of If Eternity Should Fail.

Don’t know about this comicbook shit but really happy that we finally get new material :metal:

1 Like

YES!!!

Nothing to add :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Some silly business on Instagram, but the code in the description is a simple positional cypher for RAGNAROK.

Big news today:

The currently confirmed dates are below:

May
18 - Barrowland Ballroom, Glasgow, UK
19 - O2 Academy, Manchester, UK
21 - Arena, Swansea, UK
23 - Rock City, Nottingham, UK
24 - O2 Forum Kentish Town, London, UK
26 - L’Olympia, Paris, FRANCE
28 - 013, Tilburg, HOLLAND
29 - De Oosterpoort, Groningen, HOLLAND

June
01 - Barba Negra, Budapest, HUNGARY
03 - Arenale Romane, Bucharest, ROMANIA
05-08 - Mystic Festival, Gdansk, POLAND *
05-08 - Sweden Rock Festival, Solvesborg, SWEDEN *
09 - Rockefeller, Oslo, NORWAY
16 - Huxleys Neue Welt, Berlin, GERMANY
17 - Grosse Freiheit 36, Hamburg, GERMANY
19–22 - Copenhell, Copenhagen, DENMARK *
24 - Zeltfestival Rhein-Neckar, Mannheim, GERMANY *
25 - Circus Krone, Munich, GERMANY
27–30 - Hellfest, Clisson, FRANCE *
30 - Rockhal, Esch-Sur-Alzette, LUXEMBOURG

July
03-06 - Rockharz Open Air, Ballenstedt, GERMANY *
05 - Rock In Roma, Rome, ITALY *
06 - Metal Park, Vicenza, ITALY *
09 - E-Werk, Koln, GERMANY
13 - Hala, Zagreb, CROATIA
16 - Kolodrum Arena, Sofia, BULGARIA
19 - Kucukciftlik Park, Istanbul, TURKEY

So, no concerts in Finland this time. Have to travel a bit which is always nice.

In the small print: a few European dates will be announced later. Still a chance to see him in Finland, I suppose.

Live band confirmed also:
Roy Z
Tanya O’Callaghan
Dave Moreno
Mistheria

…but not anyone called Smith or something…

Oh, sorry, I haven’t seen that small print anywhere but great that we still have some hope.

Started to look calendar for May '24 and planning a trip for the UK & Holland gigs. Probably going to home from work with some flowers to my wife :smiley:

And that one guitarist only is kinda shocking. Can you perform songs from the CW for example with only one guitarist, so that they sound perfect?

1 Like

Yup, that should have an effect on the setlist. Songs with two consecutive solos may be a bit lame.

Of course you CAN do a lot with arrangements, with keyboards and all, but… we’ll see. I would be surprised if they changed song structures, for example.