The Mandrake Project

A teaser for the upcoming single! Sounds like, for the first time ever, Bruce is incorporating growling into his singing style. So interesting, looking forward to the full song!

1 Like

No, not without backing tracks. You can try to fill in the empty space with bass or keys, but it’s never going to sound the same. This was one of the issues with the Skunkworks-era band trying to play two-guitar songs back in the day, and it’s a little concerning to me.

Not thrilled about this, but I’m assuming it’s limited and makes sense within the context of the song, much like the heavily distorted vocals at the end of “If Eternity Should Fail”. I’ll withhold judgment until I hear the full track.

All right, let’s hope they solve second guitarist issue somehow. Or do you think they are going like it’s now announced and not have second one on tour? Like do we still have a hope :smiley:

Had a nice little negotiation with Ms. and this may turn to 3 week tour with Harley plus 7 concerts and custom bike show in NorrtĂ€lje, but let’s see how I manage to get the tickets.

They will probably be a bit surprised in the work next year when there’s no Yleismies Jantunen doing all the shit
 :rofl:

Lol Dec. 1st is my birthday, so thanks for the present Bruce! The email about this was an absolute joy to get today, the most excited I’ve ever been for a musical release. Not typically a big comic book reader, but I can’t imagine anything Bruce makes will be bad.

Well done @Jer, you guessed it would be a comic book.

The snippet sounds heavy as hell. Not really surprised that Roy would go for a sound this modern. I’m not a big fan of low tunings, but then again, they’ve done it before and I loved it.

“Afterglow” seems to be in low B tuning, but to me it sort of sounds even lower than that.

1 Like

I think the line-up with only one guitar is very strange if he plans to play AoB and CW songs on the tour.

I wonder if he plans to play only songs from the new album live, plus Tears and maybe Tattooed?

Or, maybe they are waiting to announce a second guitar (Mr. Smith) as a ‘special guest’ and therefore need a proper press release only about this?

Concert in Finland is gonna happen according to this.

Have you guys seen this?

Yeah, sounds like a bad joke :joy:

Yeah, I noticed this too. But that’s an indirect quote from during a speech gig
 let’s see.

I already secured tickets to Groningen but I’ll be happy to see them in Finland as well!

I’ll be in Groningen too so perhaps see you there :smiley: BTW I was this summer couple of days there and liked the city a lot.

And when speaking about the gig in Finland. There was already before Levi very close source saying it will happen.

1 Like

Yep, there’s a thread for that.

Line up in Greece is gonna be excellent!

1 Like

The unboxing of “Afterglow Of Ragnarok”:

Includes the original demo of “If Eternity Should Fail”, though Bruce says this track has also been reworked and retitled for inclusion on The Mandrake Project album itself.

The Mandrake Project will also get a graphic novel trilogy, which will be released over the next couple of years. The comic included in the single is a prequel.

1 Like

Gig in Graspop confirmed! And they also some other quite interesting acts as usually. Really waiting for Hellfest line up now that somewhere was news about AC/DC in Munich 12.6.2024.

1 Like

Three more shows confirmed:

June 11 Gröna Lund, Stockholm, Sweden
June 13 Kulttuuritalo, Helsinki, Finland
June 14 Noblessner Foundry, Tallinn, Estonia

There it is! I can walk to the Helsinki show from my house, but more probably I will run!

What a time to be alive :sunglasses:

2 Likes

^great news for us and Swedes must also be happy to have Bruce in Stockholm for own show. Bruce is really pushing, I mean that week is gonna be 4 gigs. Now let’s hope the new single will be heavy motherfucker and the whole album too.

1 Like

Bruce just sent out an official email confirming these last four dates that were already mentioned:

11 June – Grona Lund, Stockholm, SWEDEN
13 June – House Of Culture, Helsinki, FINLAND
14 June – Noblessner Foundry, Tallinn, ESTONIA
21 June - Graspop Metal Meeting, Dessel, BELGIUM

Presale password is “MANDRAKE”.

1 Like

“Afterglow Of Ragnarok” tease.

The End is Near - could that be one song title or how do you Jer see the reference there?

Yesterday checked a bit about that Tallinn concert place and things there. It seems to be very small place even for Bruce standards. I don’t know the exact capacity, but 550 - 750 could be near the truth. Definitely going. Let’s just hope that new material rocks, setlist’s gonna be interesting and band will be on fire!